Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big Step, Growing Family

My husband and I have gone back and fourth for months on if we should have another child or not. I was just scared to make the wrong decision and a lot of "what if" was running through my head. So after re-scheduling my IUD placement twice I decided to do some soul searching....

We can afford four kids and we may live in a two bedroom apartment but we will be moving into our own house this time next year so I am not really worried about space or money. I am worried about...........my ability to mother four kids. Is there enough "mom" to go around and/or enough time for each child. I have noticed when I have a bad stressful day I think "No way, no more kids" but on good days (there are way more good days than bad) I think "I can see more one, I could do it"  I always think maybe my brain is over thinking the whole situation. Of course kids are stressful their kids and that's there job to grow, learn and explore but what really matters is I am willing to re-change our schedule and myself thinking to add another child.
 A friend of mine asked "Why do you have to have another one now or in a year or two? Just wait until your youngest is school aged and have another one" Answer-my siblings are eight and seven years older than me, I hated it! I didn't have anyone to play with or talk too, I was pretty lonely. Since I was a little girl I always wanted four children and to have them close together so they wouldn't feel the way I did as a child. So having one down the line when our youngest is school aged would put that baby far behind his/her siblings before putting that baby in the situation I was in as a kid.

So what have we decided......to have another one! Some may think we are out of our minds but my husband and I think its the right thing for our family. We are excited to bring another life into this world, to our home and to our family!

We are trying now until August and skipping September-February because we don't want to chance having the baby on one of our older children's birthday (they are all summer babies) plus I don't want to be in my third trimester during the summer. If we don't get pregnant by August we will start trying again in March.

Cheers to new paths, new life and hopefully a great future!

No comments:

Post a Comment